We have a lovely space for you to meet with your book club. Contact the store to see what time slots are available. We do not charge a fee but obviously would love it if you bought your book from us!
Tell us what you’ll be reading next and we’ll make sure we have copies stacked on our book club tables. We offer a 10% discount to all book clubs that register with us and are always available to offer help choosing your next great read.
If you need more seating, simply unhook a chair from the wall!
Looking for a Book Club to join? See below for details. They meet at the store every month (or in the case of the World Affairs Book Club every two months)
- THE SECOND WEDNESDAY BOOK GROUP -- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 3pm. Phone Paula Goren 925-254-3937
- Wednesday, July 10 @ 3pm -- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- Wednesday, August 14 @ 3pm -- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Wednesday, September 11 -- Two Among the Righteous Few by Marty Brounstein
- MARIA'S BOOK CLUB -- phone the store 925-254-7606. New members are welcome. Just call to let us know you're coming.
- Thursday, August 1 @ 11am -- The Summer Book by Tove Jansson
- Thursday, August 29 @ 11am -- The Only Story by Julian Barnes
- THE POETRY CIRCLE -- Meets the 2nd Monday of each month from 11am to 12:30pm and welcome new members. Contact Jan Askin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, August 12 @ 11am -- A Piece of Good News by Katie Peterson
- Monday, September 9 @ 11am -- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- Monday, October 14 -- Soft Targets by Debra Landau
- RANDOM READERS -- Meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 2pm and welcome new members. Contact Rebecca LaVallee: email@example.com
- Wednesday, July 24 @ 2pm -- In the Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende
- Wednesday, August 28 @ 2pm -- Last Hope Island by Lynne Olson
- Wednesday, September 25 @ 2pm -- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Wednesday, October 23 @ 2pm -- Educated by Tara Westover
- Wednesday, November 27 @ 2pm -- The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict
- SIRS BOOK CLUB -- phone Richard Black - 925-283-8376
- THE WORLD AFFAIRS BOOK GROUP -- Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 3pm. Phone Kate Pope 510-524-0342
- Tuesday, July 16 @ 3pm -- How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky & Daniel Ziblatt