We have a lovely space for you to meet with your book club. Contact the store to see what time slots are available. We do not charge a fee but obviously would love it if you bought your book from us!
Tell us what you’ll be reading next and we’ll make sure we have copies stacked on our book club tables. We offer a 10% discount to all book clubs that register with us and are always available to offer help choosing your next great read.
Fancy a cuppa? There’s tea, coffee, hot chocolate and apple cider available to purchase for just $2 and you are welcome to bring your own refreshments. If you need more seating, simply unhook a chair from the wall!
Looking for a Book Club to join? See below for details. They meet at the store every month (or in the case of the World Affairs Book Club every two months)
- THE SECOND WEDNESDAY BOOK GROUP -- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 3pm. Phone Paula Goren 925-254-3937
- MARIA'S BOOK CLUB -- phone the store 925-254-7606. New members are welcome. Just call to let us know you're coming.
- Thursday, March 28 @ 11AM -- Eight Mountains by Paolo Cognetti
- THE POETRY CIRCLE -- Meets the 2nd Monday of each month from 10:30am to 12pm and welcome new members. Contact Jan Askin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, April 8 @ 10:30am -- Self-Portrait as Wikipedia Entry by Dean Rader
- Monday, May 13 @ 10:30am -- When I Go: Selected French Poems of Rainer Maria Rilke translated by Susanne Petermann
- Monday, June 10 @ 10:30am -- Faithful and Virtuous Night by Louise Gluck
- RANDOM READERS -- Meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 2pm and welcome new members. Contact Rebecca LaVallee: email@example.com
- Wednesday, March 27 @ 2pm -- The Girl with Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee and David John
- Wednesday, April 24 @ 2pm -- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
- SIRS BOOK CLUB -- phone Richard Black - 925-283-8376
- THE WORLD AFFAIRS BOOK GROUP -- Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 3pm. Phone Kate Pope 510-524-0342
- Tuesday, March 19 @ 3pm -- Blood and Silk: Power and Conflict in Modern Southeast Asia by Michael Vatikiotis
- Tuesday, May 21 @ 3pm -- The Doomsday Machine: Confessions of a Nuclear War Planner by by Daniel Ellsberg