If you are in a book club or want to join one, please phone or email the club's contact person (listed below) for book selection information, meeting location, and virtual meeting instructions.
Orinda Books offers a lovely space for book clubs to meet and discuss their latest read. Contact the store to see what time-slots are available. We offer a 10% discount to all book clubs that register with us and are always available to offer help choosing your next great book.
Looking for a book club to join? See below for details.
- Alta's California Book Club — sponsored by Alta Journal, meets virtually on the third Thursday of the month at 5 pm. John Freeman will lead lively one-hour discussions each month with writers whose books are as richly varied as the state itself. Club members will have the opportunity to hear authors read from their works and to ask questions of them and featured guests. Sign up at https://join.altaonline.com/cbc_newsletter.
- Mystery Book Club — Meets at Orinda Books on the 4th Thursday of the month at 10:30am and welcomes new members. Phone the store at 925-254-7606.
- Pat's Book Club — Meets at Orinda Books on the 1st Thursday of the month at 11am and welcomes new members. Phone the store at 925-254-7606.
- Poetry Circle — Meets the second Monday of every month at 10:30am and welcomes new members. Email Jan Askin at email@example.com.
- SciFri Book Club — sponsored by NPR’s Science Friday, it meets virtually each month. Check out their website to see upcoming titles and schedules https://www.sciencefriday.com/scifri-book-club/.
- Second Wednesday Book Club — Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 3pm and welcomes new members. Email Paula Goren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SIRS Book Club — Phone Richard Black at 925-283-8376.