Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Brittany Mystery Series series.
- #1: Death in Brittany: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Murder on Brittany Shores: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: The Fleur de Sel Murders: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: The Missing Corpse: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Killing Tide: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: The King Arthur Case: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: The Body by the Sea: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #8) (Paperback): $18.00
- #9: Death of a Master Chef: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #9) (Hardcover): $28.00
In The Granite Coast Murders, the sixth installment of Jean-Luc Bannalec's bestselling mystery series, Commissaire Dupin returns to investigate a murder at a gorgeous Brittany beach resort.
Inspector Dupin and Claire are on a two-week vacation, but while Claire seems to enjoy the quiet of the beach, Commissaire Dupin takes every opportunity to leave the beach towel. The fabulous dinners on the hotel patio and the rumors about a stolen statue of a saint are the few interesting moments of his days on vacation. But then a tourist vanishes without trace and there’s an attack on a deputy to the local assembly, who is involved in confrontations with local farmers. Shortly after that, the Britanny beach resort is shocked by the discovery of a corpse.
Dupin clandestinely begins to investigate with the help of the local villagers, something he must keep a secret from Claire and his colleagues in Concarneau. Between bewitched valleys and beautiful beaches, an unfathomable case develops.
About the Author
Jean-Luc Bannalec lives in Germany and the southerly region of the French department of Finistère. In 2016 he was given the award Mécène de Bretagne. Since 2018 he has been an honorary member of the Académie Littéraire de Bretagne. He is also the author of Death in Brittany, Murder on Brittany Shores, The Fleur de Sel Murders, The Missing Corpse, The Killing Tide, The Granite Coast Murders, and The King Arthur Case.
"Series fans will enjoy seeing Dupin’s relationship with Claire deepen. Armchair travelers and gourmands alike will appreciate visiting this region of Brittany." —Publishers Weekly
Praise for the series:
"Delicious Brittany mysteries... If this isn't heaven, it's close enough." —The New York Times
"Francophiles and art lovers will welcome Bannalec’s good old-fashioned detective story set in Brittany... Bannalec excels at plotting and pacing, as well as vivid descriptions of the Finistère countryside." —Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) on Death in Brittany
"Very satisfying…along the lines of Martin Walker’s novels set in Dordogne, or M.L. Longworth’s Aix-en-Provence mysteries." —Booklist on Murder on Brittany Shores