Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Brittany Mystery Series series.
- #1: Death in Brittany: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Murder on Brittany Shores: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: The Fleur de Sel Murders: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: The Missing Corpse: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Killing Tide: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: The Granite Coast Murders: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: The King Arthur Case: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: Death of a Master Chef: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #9) (Hardcover): $28.00
In all of Commissaire Georges Dupin’s time living in Brittany, there has never been a murder on his home turf, until now, in Jean-Luc Bannalec's The Body by the Sea.
A town on the sea, Concarneau’s nickname is Ville Bleue, or the Blue Town. With three harbors at its center, visitors can see enormous ships, sailors, fishermen, and the industry that goes alongside it. Because of its geographical location, Concarneau has shown it’s perfectly positioned to protect its inhabitants from enemy attacks.
For this reason and more, including his favorite restaurant, the Amiral, Commissaire Georges Dupin calls this town home. Most of his colleagues are on vacation for the Pentecost long weekend, but Dupin remains. His future in-laws are coming to visit.
But what happens when an enemy attacks from within? Dupin’s plans as host must change when the body of Doctor Chaboseau is discovered. Chaboseau fell to his death, pushed from his home above the Amiral. With only two new colleagues to help—no one else is answering their phone—Dupin is tasked with finding out what happened to the doctor.
About the Author
Jean-Luc Bannalec lives in Germany and the southerly region of the French department of Finistère. In 2016 he was given the award Mécène de Bretagne. Since 2018 he has been an honorary member of the Académie Littéraire de Bretagne. He is also the author of Death in Brittany, Murder on Brittany Shores, The Fleur de Sel Murders, The Missing Corpse, The Killing Tide, The Granite Coast Murders, and The King Arthur Case.
“An excellent addition to an already superb series. . . a treat to read. . . This is one of Bannalec’s best.” –The Globe and Mail (Canada)
“The tight-wound puzzle is half the pleasure Bannalec offers. The other half is the gorgeous Breton sea.” –Kirkus Reviews
“Intoxicating. . . Bennalec smoothly blends the beauty and charm of the region into the whodunit plot. Readers will be ready to pack their bags and head to Brittany by the end of this one.” –Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"A feast: an intricate case, a surprising ending and a tour of gorgeous Brittany, France, along the way.” –BookPage
Praise for the Commissaire Georges Dupin Series
"Delicious Brittany mysteries... If this isn't heaven, it's close enough." —The New York Times
“[Bannalec] lets his love and knowledge of Brittany shine through in his books.” —The Washington Post
“Perfect for fans of Louise Penny or Mark Pryor.” —Shelf Awareness
“A healthy chunk of Brittany with a bracing dash of murder."—Kirkus Reviews
“The descriptions of Brittany are mesmerizing. It has been elevated into my top 10 places I need to visit, all thanks to Bannalec.” —BookPage (starred review)
“[Bannalec’s] mysteries are both well-crafted and impossible to read without wanting to use them as guides for future trips to the region.” —Booklist (starred review)