This Book Is a Planetarium: And Other Extraordinary Pop-Up Contraptions (Hardcover)
Not on our shelves, but available to order.
Defying every expectation of what a book can be, this pop-up extravaganza transforms into six fully functional tools. Never has humble paper had such radical ambitions.
"As impossible as it seems, this brilliant book allows its reader to manipulate scientific concepts like light, sound, time, and space. It is an irresistible treat for all ages."—Amazon reviewer
A completely unique and incredibly cool pop-up science book for adults and kids who love design, interactive art, and paper toys, This Book is a Planetarium is a single volume that turns into:
- A working planetarium book projecting constellations on the ceilings and walls
- A musical instrument with strings to strum
- A geometric drawing generator
- An infinite calendar
- A message decoder
- A speaker that amplifies sound
- Fans of adult pop-up books like Robert Sabuda's Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up, Matthew Reinhart's Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Hogwarts, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Interactive MinaLima edition
- Birthday, Father's Day, Mother's Day, graduation, holiday, and roommate gifts for men and women
- Displaying alongside art, fashion, and design coffee table books or gift books that celebrate science such as Neil deGrasse Tyson's Welcome to the Universe in 3D
About the Author
Kelli Anderson is a Brooklyn-based artist, graphic designer, and self-identified "tinkerer."
“A wondrous pop-up masterpiece that translates the laws of physics, from light to time, into magical hands-on demonstrations…. This Book Is a Planetarium is immeasurably delightful, an achievement of elaborate engineering that feels somehow as spare and precise as a poem.” —Brain Pickings
“A marvel of paper engineering and imagination.” —The New York Times