Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entities included with the product.
Celebrated by medical students for over a decade, Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes is the highest-yield surgery review for the shelf and USMLE Step 2 CK exams.
Designed for portable prep, Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes reinforces the most important surgery information in a practical, easy-to-read review followed by 180 vignette-based practice questions. It fits perfectly in your lab coat so you can refresh your knowledge in between cases.
The Best Review
- Concise high-yield review of core surgery material
- 180 up-to-date vignettes for self-testing
- 16 brief essays examining selected diagnostic and therapeutic tools from a surgical perspective
- Revised content review throughout, including: corneal foreign bodies, retinal detachment, organ donors, and organ rejection
- Revised and fully up-to-date content from distinguished surgery instructor Dr. Carlos Pestana
- For over a decade, Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes has helped med students excel on the surgery shelf exam and USMLE Step 2 CK
About the Author
Carlos Pestana, MD, PhD, is emeritus professor of surgery at the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. Ranked #1 in his medical school class, Dr. Pestana has a doctorate in surgery from the University of Minnesota and did a 5-year surgical residency at the Mayo Clinic. He has received over 40 teaching awards and prizes for teaching excellence. In the early 1990s he was a member of the Comprehensive Part II Committee of the National Board of Medical Examiners that designed what is now the clinical component of the USMLE Step 2 exam. Dr. Pestana is also the author of Fluids and Electrolytes in the Surgical Patient, which has been translated into Spanish, Italian, and Greek.