If your book is self-published or not readily available through our normal wholesalers (Ingram and Baker & Taylor) we offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. On consignment, the book remains the property of the consignor until sold. Orinda Books is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged books. If you would like your book considered for stock, please follow our consignment guidelines:
- For books that are accepted on consignment, a $30 non-refundable fee (cash or check only) is required for each title. This fee helps pay for the extra labor involved in tracking inventory and making individual payments. We require a signed Consignment Agreement Form.
- Authors receive 60% of the retail sale price, Orinda Books receives 40%.
- Cut: Payment is made twice a year in June and at the end of December. It is the author’s responsibility to deliver new inventory and pick up unsold stock.
- Replace: It is the responsibility of the Consignor to contact the store at the end of the term of 6 months to review sales and request payment.
- As with all inventory we consider to stock in the store, we retain the right not to carry a book if we believe it does not fit Orinda Book’s philosophy or market. Please note that unsolicited review copies will not be returned.
- If these terms are acceptable, please contact the store first at 925-254-7606 to arrange for your book drop-off. We take 3 copies of your book along with the completed and signed agreement form and the service fee of $30 together. It may take a week or two for new books to be processed and put on our shelves.
Download the Consignment Sales Agreement form below.